The medieval church of St Bartholomew's underwent major restoration between 1840-1871. Further work was done in the 20th century, including reslating of the steeple, retiling the nave roof, the plaster ceiling renewed and the walls recoloured.
For 20th century views of the church, with all the pews in place, see the "Englands Places" website of Historic England (photos 1, 2, 3)
In 2004 a major refurbishment of
the nave, the tower and external drainage was undertaken, as shown in the
Further pictures are on display in an album in the church.
|Removing the pews||Exposing the old floor joists||Under floor revealed|
|Holding the walls up!||New floor joists||The nave floor takes shape|
|Providing good drainage||External restoration of the tower||The churchyard from the tower, looking SE|